MAPS BOD MEETING MINUTES
Time stated 7:00 pm
Ted Flynn Michael Howe Ellen Terpening Michael Beurer
Randyl Lee Roger Minton Harry Carlson Jim Jordan
- Minutes were read
- Harry Carlson made the motion to approve the minutes
- Motion was seconded by Ellen Terpening, motion passed
(Per Harry Carlson via his Facebook Messenger App)
- Our current balance is $4,862.51.
- Our only activity was, I deposited $265.77 from PayPal.
- Chris cashed/deposited her expenses check for $150.92.
- Jim Jordan made the motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report
- Michael Beurer Seconded the motion, The motion passed
- Jingle Joy group room discussion-The group room will cost us $400.00 for our entire stay. Harry will bring credit card and will pay for this room when he gets there. Ted did get this in writing.
- Jingle Joy discussion of agenda.
- Double JJ front desk does not have the authority to change the rates only Brandy can change the rate.
- Red Suit Conclave discussion
- Shawn and Erica will be teaching Mrs. Claus classes. Ellen has been voluntold/promoted to teaching Marketing to everyone-Santas & Mrs. Clauses.
- Discussion of curriculum and possible curriculum meeting.
- Discussion of switching hotels. We will be using Sheraton. It is the same rate as Holiday INN Express.
- Discussion of Spangle as a vendor.
- Website update discussion
- 27 registered for Jingle Joy.
- 25 registered for Red Suite Conclave.
- Old website had 340 members.
- New website has 345 members.
- 20 members active in a 3-day period. 10 members active daily.
- Roger will get number of new members who have joined MAPS for next BOD meeting.
- Discussion of new changes soon to be coming to the website.
- Ellen referred several Mrs. Clauses to become members of MAPS.
- Our website will renew in July 2022.
- Wrap-Up discussion
- Randyl Lee is the chair of the Wrap-Up dinner.
- Randyl will be making a Wrap-Up committee.
- Restaurant discussion-We have outgrown Mama Mia’s and will be picking a new restaurant and location. More to come at the April BOD meeting. Randyl is in the process of looking for a central location and for it to be easy off and on the highway.
- Bylaw’s update discussion
- Changes need to be ready quick. Need to get it out to members by 5/1/22. These possible changes will be put on April’s BOD agenda.
- Everyone read charter prior to next BOD meeting.
- Michael Howe will be interviewed tonight with SAT BOB’S LIVE to promote MAPS. Ellen will be interviewed on May 10, 2022,
- IBRBS wants MAPS to become a charter. Discussion followed. This was tabled to be put on April’s BOD agenda.
- Discussion of ordering MAPS items. The information posted below is from Bill:
- Items needed 1- Discountmugs.com item number 1302, 48 cups, $10,50 each, including artwork and delivery. The cups are very expensive, I think it will be difficult to sell them at cost.
- com. pins (same as before) 100 for $2.82 each, or 200 for $2.28 each.
- MAPS logo discussion about freshening it up. This was tabled to put on April’s BOD agenda.
- Art of Storytelling Recital is 3/31/22.
- Michael Beurer made the motion to adjourn meeting
- Ted Flynn seconded the motion
- Motion passed
- Meeting ended 7:45 pm
Ellen Terpening, PhD