MAPS BOD MEETING MINUTES
Time stated 7:00 pm
Michael Howe Roger Minton Randyl Lee Ted Flynn Jim Jordan
- Minutes were approved as read.
- Ted Flynn made the motion to approve the minutes.
- Jim Jordan seconded the motion.
- Motion carried.
Billie’s report on inventory. This information was taken from the MAPS BOD chat messenger on June 10, 2023:
Here is the financial details on my part from the JJR 2 check wrote out Check #220, $1,154.16 to Double JJ Resort for meeting room and coffee(I have this receipt) Check # 422, $4,400 to Santa True for his appearance (Santa True said he will e mail the receipt) Through merchandise sales I have $150 in cash, This is our inventory that I have; 38 stickers 10 challenge coins 151 lapel pins 19 business card holders ( I have to check if I sent the invoice into MAPS for reimbursement) 30 coffee cups Several board members have plastic containers with merchandise ( not sure what they have in stock) Thank everyone involved with the JJR. Also, Billie asked for each of the BOD members to give him an inventory of the MAPS merchandise they have in their possession to sell at their meetings/events.
IT Report from Roger:
Roger stated he had to switch email providers because MAPS is sending out about 15,000 emails and notifications-we are growing! This was rolled into the cost of the website. The costs are still under about $500 a year from the previous website.
Treasurer’s Report: Postponed until next month
- Jingle Joy update:
- Michael Howe stated that JJ was a great success! All the reviews were positive. Michael said there were 70-80 in attendance for the 4 days.
- Wrap-Up update:
- BOD had a discussion that this Wrap-Up will be MAPS 15th birthday and thought it would be nice to add a birthday cake.
- Roger stated that RSC is launched and taking registrations on the website. We have 55 registered already before we even started advertising about RSC.
- Roger stated we can now have vendors register on the website and charge for the space/tables too. But we need to make sure we have enough space/room for vendors and guests. Roger said we should have enough space for 130 guests.
- Michael Howe stated that Spangle is interested in being a vendor again.
- BOD had discussion of charging vendors for tables/space. This money could be used to help pay for lunches at RSC. The fee of $25.00 was suggested for one 6-foot table space.
- Roger stated that he made BOD members name badges. Everyone has them expect Ellen and Harry. Roger said when he sees them, he will give the name badges to them. Also, Roger said he would make name badges for others if he is asked and charge them and use that money coming from those as a fundraiser for MAPS.
- Michael Howe stated that Donna, who was the photographer from the JJ Resort event, would like to come to RSC and take pictures. Michael suggested for her to set up at the hotel.
- Ted stated that he has spoken with Rachel several times, and everything is all set for RSC at the SVRC and the cost is $400.00. Ted is donating his service for their Christmas in July events.
- Ted stated he will print out about 150 programs.
- Ted stated that the hotel is flexible if we need more rooms blocked and maybe stop the registration for RSV the day before.
- Michael Howe stated that Dave from the Rooftop Reindeer Farm would like to host next years Jingle Joy at his farm. Dave said he has a conference room to hold our training sessions. The live reindeer and pictures and all their shops will make a great draw for the JJ. There is a nearby campground and hotels in Cara, MI. Michael said he was going to make a physical trip to check it out.
- Jim Jordan stated that he is speaking with a representative about making a MAPS Day\Week. Michael Howe suggested Christmas in July week or the actual day of 7/25 or 6/25, aka Leon day. This would make great coverage for RSC. Jim said he will keep us up to date.
TED IS THE 10TH MEMBER OF MAPS OFFICIALLY! (Michael Howe asked for this to be written in all caps in the minutes.)
Next BOD meeting is 7/11/23 at 7:00 pm.
- Roger made the motion to adjourn the meeting.
- Jim seconded the motion.
- Motion carried.
- Meeting ended 7:45 pm
PLEASE NOTE THESE MINUTES WERE TAKEN FROM THE RECORDING OF THE MAPS MINUTES BECAUSE ELLEN WAS NOT ABLE TO ATTEND THIS MEETING DUE TO A PRIOR COMMITMENT.
Ellen Terpening, PhD